實用英語口語指南。
a guide to practical spoken english
part one situational and factual dialogues
第一部分情景與事務性對話。
打招呼。dlalogue 對話。
a: hello,kate! fancy meeting you here! working again, are you?
你好,凱特!真沒想到在這里見到你。又在用功了,是嗎?
b: yes,i’ve got to,if i want to pass all the exams.
是啊,如果我想通過所有的考試,就不得不這樣。
a: how’s life,kate? all right?
生活過得怎麼樣?凱特。不錯吧?
b: yes,not too bad, a bit fed up revising though. are you?
還不錯,謝謝。不過我對復習應考有點厭倦了。你呢?
a: pretty good, exams are over now, so i can afford to relax a bit. i’m going to a football match this afternoon.
it’s terrible weather though. i hope it doesn’t rain.
相當好,謝謝。我的考試現在已全部結束了。所以我可以稍稍輕松一下了。今天下午我要去看足球賽,只是天氣不大好。我希望不要下雨才好。
b: yes, awful! how’s jane?
唉,天氣確實糟糕。珍妮怎麼樣?
a: oh. she’s all right.
but busy as usual. well, i’d better be going. i suppose.
the match starts at 3:30. bye!
噢,她很好。只是一直很忙。噢,我想我該走了。比賽3:30開始。再見!
b: bye!
再見!useful expressions 日常用語。
glad to meet you here. 很高興在這里見到你。
good to see you again. 很高興又見到你。
h**en’t seen you for some time. 有些日子沒見到你了。
fancy seeing you here. 真沒想到在這里見到你。
h**en’t seen you for ages. 很長時間沒見到你了。
helllo there, what a coincidence! 你好,多巧啊!
hi你好!good moring! 早上好!
good afternoon! 下午好!
good evening! 晚上好!
how do you do? 你好!
how’s everything going? 一切都還順利嗎?
how nice to see you again. 很高興又見到你。
how’s your work going? 你工作干得怎麼樣?
how are you getting along these days? 這些天來過得好嗎?
how are you? 你好嗎?
how are things going with you? 近來過得怎麼樣?
all right, thank you. 謝謝你,還不錯。
much better, thank you. 謝謝你,好多了。
pretty good, thank you. 謝謝你,相當好。
quite well, thank you. 謝謝你,很好。
very well, thank you. 謝謝你,非常好。
well, not too good yet. better than i was, though.
唉,不算太好,不過比過去好些。
good-bye! 再見!
good-bye then, and all the very best. 那麼就再見了,萬事如意。
good night then. 那麼就你晚安吧。
remember to drop me a line. 別忘了給我寫信。
remember to look me up if ever you’re here.
如果你再來這里,別忘了來看我。
all the best. 萬事如意。
be in touch. 保持聯系。
h**e a good day. 祝你過得愉快。
look after yourself. bye! 你自己多保重,再見。
remember me to your family. 代問你全家好。
see you tomorrow. 明天見。
y: hello, carol,how’s life?
你好,卡羅。近來還好嗎?
f: not too bad, thanks, and you?
還不錯,謝謝,你怎麼樣?
y: pretty good. nice and hot today. isn’t it?
很好,今天天氣挺熱,是嗎?
f: yes, marvellous. unfortunately i’ve got an exam today.
the weather always turns far too hot at the beginning of the exam period. doesn’t it?
的確很好。可惜今天我要考試,臨到考試期間,天氣總是熱得厲害。你說是嗎?
y: yes, it does. but never mind.
i’m sure it’ll go well. how are your parents these days?
可不是嘛。不過沒關系。天氣肯定會正常的。這幾天你父母親身體還嗎?
f: oh, they’re fine. still very active and enjoying their retirement.
噢,都很好。他們依然很活躍。退休生活過得很愉快。
y: oh, good. that’s nice to hear.
well, i really can’t stay any longer. carol. i’ve got to attend a lecture in half an hour.
good luck with the exam!
哦。那太好了,這真讓人高興。嗯。我實在沒法多呆了。半小時後我將去聽一個講座。祝你考試走運!
f: thanks. be seeing you. bye .
謝謝。再見。
and directing the way 問路指南。
dialogue 對話。
a: well, i don’t think i want to buy anything else. let’s go home.
嗯。我想我不需要再買別的東西了。我們回家吧。
b: but i h**e to book up a man working in the prince’s building. if you h**en’t anything special to do.
why not come with me?
不過,我得去看望在王子大廈工作的一個人。如果你沒有什麼別的事,和我一起走一趟怎麼樣?
a: ok. but do you know the way?
好吧。不過你認得路嗎?
b: no. but i can ask the way.
(stopping a passerby) excuse me ,can you tell me where the prince’s building is ?
不認識,但我可以問路嘛。(叫住一個人) 對不起,你能告訴我王子大廈在**嗎?
ist passerby: i’m sorry. i’m a stranger here myself.
第一位過路人: 很抱歉,我也不熟悉這里。
b: (stopping another passerby) excuse me. how do i get to the prince’s building, please?
(叫住另一位過路人) 對不起,請問王子大廈怎麼走?
2nd passerby: well, turn to the left at the first corner after the crossroads. it’s there near the corner.
you can’t go wrong.
第二位過路人:噢,過十字路口後在第一個拐角向左拐。 大廈離拐角不遠。你不會找不到的。
a: is it far from here?
離這兒遠嗎?
passerby: no, it’s only a couple of blocks away.
過路人: 不遠,過兩個街區就到了。
b: thanks a lot.
太謝謝了。passerby: don’t mention it.
過路人: 不客氣。
7. shopping 購物。
dialogue 對話。
a: good morning, can i help you?
早上好,您想買點什麼?
b: i want a japanese 3-band transistor radio, please.
勞駕,我要一台日本產的3波段晶體管收音機。
a: what about this one? it’s handy, and it’s a well-known make.
there’s a pickup attached to it.
這台怎麼樣? 它攜帶方便, 是名牌產品,不附帶一只電唱機。
b: how much is it?
多少錢?a: 39 pounds, sir.
39 鎊,先生。
b: i’m afraid it’s much too expensive. do you h**e a cheap one?
恐怕太貴了, 還有便宜些的嗎?
a: h**e a look at this one, then. it’s only 19 pounds.
那就看看這台吧,這台只有19鎊。
b: is there a discount?
可以打折扣嗎?
a: no, it’s a sale price.
不,這已經是優惠價了。
b: how do i switch it on?
怎樣開法呢?
a: press the button on the left, there! here is the knob for tuning.
实用英语口语
机场英语。机场指示牌airportsigns 机场费airportfee 国际机场internationalairport 国内机场domesticairport 国际候机楼internationalterminal 国际航班出港internationaldeparture 国内航班出站domest...
实用英语口语
i ve been back and forth.我犹豫不定。what was tonight?今晚本来要做什么?this is so meant to be 这就是天意!she s gonna be crushed.她会崩溃的。he can t come to the phone now.他现在不...
实用英语口语
1.看来可信 seem believable.sounds true.听上去像是真的。believable 可信的。her explanation certainly sounded believable.她的解释听起来的确可信。2.我相信你 i believe you.i h e faith in...