英语习语汇总

发布 2021-05-17 06:17:28 阅读 1229

a clean breast of…忏悔。

a:you're restless. are you in trouble?

a:你老是不安?有麻烦吗?

b:i've done something i shouldn't

b:我做了件不该做的事。

a:then make a clean breast of it, you will feel released.

a:那就彻底忏悔一下吧。你会感觉轻松一些的。

b:i've not decided yet.

b:我还没决定呢。

last straw 忍无可忍。

a:that was the last straw!

a:真是让人忍无可忍!

b:why did you say that? did your girlfriend do anything wrong?

b:你为什么这么说?你女朋友做什么错事了吗?

a:she refused to see me. she must h**e fallen in love with another guy.

a:她拒绝见我,她一定是爱上别人了。

b:i don't believe it. talk with her, will you?

there must be some misunderstanding between you.

b:我不相信。和她谈谈,好吗?你们之间一定是发生什么误会了。

storm in a teacup 风波;小事引起的轩然大波;小题大做。

a:the husband can't understand why his wife got angry so easily.

a:丈夫不明白他妻子为什么那么容易生气。

b:he's too careless maybe.

b:可能他太粗心了。

a:no, it's not that. actually it's a storm in a teacup.

i also thought it's the women who is to blame.

a:不是,不是因为这个。实际上她是小题大做,我也觉得是他妻子不对。

b:anyway the man has to consider his wife's feelings.

b:不管怎么说男人应该考虑作妻子的情绪。

seen better days 有过好日子。

a:look, mrs. thomas is such a beauty in her early eyes.

b:but mr. thomas is short, skinny and ugly.

a:why do you think mrs. thomas married him?

b:he's certainly very poor now, but i think he's seen better days.

a:看,托马斯夫人年轻时这么漂亮。

b:可托马斯先生又矮、又瘦、又丑。

a:你猜他为什么要嫁给他?

b:他现在固然很穷,可我想他有过好日子。

time 原地踏步;停顿。

a:why did we stop?

a:我们为什么停下来?

b:no, we didn't really stop. we just marked time.

b:不,我们并没有真的停下来。我们只是原地踏步。

a:marked time?

a:原地踏步?

b:yeah, we h**e to pause until we get approval.

b:是的。我们不得不暂时停下待命。

chance(反语)微小的机会;极少的可能。

a:i think it was jason who stole my document.

a:我觉得是詹森偷了我的文件。

b:fat chance!

b:不会的。

a:he's the only one who left here late.

a:他是唯一一个走得晚的人。

b:i know him. he'll never do that sort of thing.

b:我了解他,他决不会干这种事儿。

point 没理由。

a:there's no point in losing temper on me. it's unfair!

a:没理由向我发火。这太不公平了!

b:what did you do to him?

b:你对他怎么了!

a:if i did something bad, i wouldn't blame him for getting angry with me. the point is that i did nothing wrong.

a:如果我做了坏事,我不会怪他生我的气。可事实是,我没做什么错事呀。

b:maybe he thought you reported him to the manager.

b:说不定他以为是你向经理打了小报告。

artist 大**手。

a:is this your first visit to this city?

a:这是你第一次游览这个城市吗?

b:yes, why?

b:是呀,怎么了?

a:perhaps i should warn you that this city is full of con artists.

a:也许我该提醒你这座城市有许多**手。

b:thanks for telling. i'll take care.

b:谢谢,我会小心的。

friends 知心朋友。

a:is jack a friend of yours?

a:杰克是你的朋友吗?

b:yes. he is one of my bosom friends.

b:是,他是我的一个知心朋友。

a:he's a nice guy as far as i know

a:我也知道他是一个好人。

b:you can be certain of that.

b:这点毫无疑问。

cat 大款。

a:where're those popular actresses in our school time?

a:咱们上学时的那些女影星都哪去了?

b:get into marriage.

b:结婚了呗!

a:can everyone find a fat cat?

a:人人都能找到大款吗?

b:everyone wants to, but not everyone succeeds.

b:人人都想,可并不是人人都能找到。

英语习语汇总

a sweet tooth 喜爱甜食。例如 a alana is getting fatter and fatter.why doesn t she try to lose some weight?a 阿兰娜越来越胖了,她为什么不试着 呢?b she has a sweet tooth and lo...

英语常用习语汇总

语音交流频道 89601377 一。嗓门大的人 怎么说?a bull of bashan woke the sleeping child with his noise.误译 贝兴的一头公牛弄醒了那个酣睡的孩子。正译 一个大嗓门的人把那个酣睡的孩子吵醒了。a bull of bashan 这个习语可直...

英语精彩习语汇总

英语精彩习语汇总 27 2010 02 02 15 48 分类 英语篇 1.brown nose 拍马屁。例如 he is always brown nosing the boss.他总是拍老板的马屁。2.get the hang of sth 进入状态,摸到窍门。例如 you sit down a...